- 少年派的奇幻漂流 Life of Pi
- 天宫一号与神舟十号成功实现自动交会对接Tiangong-1 and Shenzhou ten Realize the Automatic Rendezvous and Docking Successfully
- 北京金隅首次获得CBA冠军 Beijing Ducks Gets Their First-Ever CBA Title
- 南宁强降雨中1人坠入下水道Nanning Strong Rainfall Made One Person Fall To Into The Sewer
- 委内瑞拉总统查韦斯病逝Venezuelan President Chavez passed away
Jurors believed American Amanda Knox played a role in the sl
Thirty to 40 ships -- including several passenger ships -- were stuck Thursday in ice off the coast of Sweden, said a spokesman for the Maritime Search and Rescue Center in Gothenburg, Sweden.
The area of the Baltic Sea worst hit by the ice were the waters bounded by mainland Sweden, the Stockholm archipelago and the Finnish island of Aland, said Tommy Gardebring, press officer with the Swedish Maritime Administration.
The center identified one of the passenger ships as the Amorella, with 753 passengers and 190 crew members.
Several passenger vessels from Viking Line were stuck, he said. One of them had been freed.
"It has been a lot colder than normal in the southern parts of the Baltic sea, but in the north all is normal with normal levels of ice," Gardebring said. "However, in the worst-affected areas, the ice breakers that normally operate haven't been able to cope with the ice, which is why we are sending additional ice breakers."
The extra help was expected to arrive around midnight (6 p.m. ET), he said.
"There was never any danger for the safety of the vessels, but we have increased our preparedness, just in case, since the ice puts a lot of pressure on the sides of the ships," Gardebring said.
He predicted that most of the ships would be freed by Friday.
- 嫉妒之心 A Jealous Heart
- 他们还是个孩子 They Are Just Kids
- 依据外表做判断 Judge From Appearance
- 高考前如何调节心情？ How to Adjust the Mood Before College Entrance Examination?
- 杰克的梦想 Jack’s Dream
- 成龙获得奥斯卡终身成就奖 Jackie Chen Got Oscar’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- 《傲慢与偏见》Pride and Prejudice
- 成龙的新电影 Jackie Chen’s New Movie
- 工作支撑你的梦想 The Job Supports Your Dream
- 耶稣的诞生 The Birth of Jesus