比尔·盖茨写给青年人的十一点忠告 Bill Gates’ 11 Rules for Real Life
1.Life is not fair,get used to it.
2.The world won't care about your self-esteem.The world will expect you to accomplish something before you feel good about yourself.
3. You will not make 40 thousand dollars a year right out of high school.You won't be a vice president with a car phone,until you earn both.
4. If you think your teacher is tough,wait till you get a boss.He doesn't have tenure.
5. Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity.Your grandparents had a different word for burger flipping;they called it opportunity.
6. If you mess up,it's not your parent's fault,so don't whine about our mistakes,learn from them.
7. Before you were born,your parents were as boring as them are now.They got that.
在你出生之前，你的父母并不像他们现在这样乏味。他们变成今天这个样子是因为这些年来他们 一直为你付帐单，给你洗衣服，听你大谈你是如何的酷。所以，如果你想消灭你父母那一辈中的 “寄生虫”来拯救雨林的话，还是先去消除你房间衣柜里的虫子吧!
8. Your school may have done away with winners and lisers,but life has not. In some schools they have abolished failing grades;they'll give you as many times as your want to got the right answer.This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to anything in real life.
9. Life is not divided into semesters.You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you find yourself.Do that on your on time.
10. Television is not real life.In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.
11. Be nice to nerds.Chances are you'll end up working for one.